View UNEP's Atlas of Our Changing Environment on Google Earth
(If you already have Google Earth installed on your computer skip to step #2.)
1. To download and install the Google Earth Browser:
- Go to the Google Earth Home page http://earth.google.com/intl/en/
- Click the "Download Google Earth" button in the upper right hand corner of that page.
- Once you have read and agreed to the "Google Earth Terms of Service" you should save the program to a location on your computer.
- Navigate to where you saved the download, double click the file and the Google Earth install wizard will walk you through the rest.
2. If you already have Google Earth installed on your computer:
- Under Layers (bottom left corner) click the "+" icon next to "Global Awareness" to expand the layer list
- Click the box next to the "UNEP: Atlas of Our Changing Environment" layer.
- A series of UNEP icons will appear all over the globe.
- Click any one of the icons once to see a "popup" with a description and links to additional information for the site.
- Once the "popup" has opened you can click any of the below items
More Details: Opens the UNEP webpage for the site
Blog: Open the site blog
Country Profile: Opens the country fact page
Overlay images in Google Earth: Displays the images on the Google Earth virtual globe surface
View More About This Layer: Opens a "popup" with additional information about the "UNEP: Atlas of Our Changing Environment" layer.
A version of the Atlas can also be viewed in Interactive Maps